Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm a dog magnet!

Everywhere I go I meet dogs and their owners and we talk and talk about our dogs. Rosie is usually with me, and people are happy to learn about the book, My Name is Rosie, especially after meeting Rosie in the flesh. I give them Rosie's calling card that's got the cover of the book on one side and the web address on the other so they can go home and order the book online. That address is www.mynameisrosie.com.  
I was on my bike today, so Rosie had to stay home. At Joe Momma's Cafe in Avila Beach,  I met Jo-Jo, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who was visiting with his owners from the Bay area. Jo-Jo is Rosie's age, 4, and spends a good deal of her time being a therapy dog at her owner's dental practice. The owner told me this particular spaniel was bred originally to sit on the laps of kings and queens and keep them company as well as warm! And Jo-Jo does just that with some dental patients who are particularly uneasy about visiting the dentist. Isn't that cool? Her disposition is sweet and her brownish-red and white fur is especially soft to the touch, so I can well imagine the calmness she brings to an anxious patient. Jo-Jo's owner wants to write a little book like Rosie's that would be titled something like Jo-Jo at the Office. I say go for it! Write that book! If Rosie's book inspires someone else to write a book, I'm happy! Then there was Ingrid with her wire-haired dachshund, Deirdre. That's a most interesting name for a dog, isn't it? Ingrid, too, confessed she's got a dog book in her mind. I hope she writes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment