Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Missive from the Queen of England!

Readers! Back in January, I sent a copy of My Name is Rosie to the Queen of England, the world's most famous Welsh Corgi lover. Actually, I sent it to her Royal Secretary, The Right Honorable Christopher Geidt, along with a letter asking him to please give my gift to Her Royal Highness. I had Chloe White, the book's illustrator who is also British, review my letter to make sure I followed the proper protocol. I signed the book to the Queen's current five Welsh Corgis, whose names are Monty, Emma, Linnet, Willow and Holly with love from Rosie.  Great names, aren't they? I knew it was a long shot, sending a gift to the Queen. Would she get it? Well, apparently she has!! Last week I received a very personal letter from the Queen's Lady-in-Waiting, Annabelle Whitehead, saying how much the Queen appreciated my gift. I was ecstatic! I cried! And to think I almost threw the envelope in the recycle bin. I thought it was junk mail. Then I saw the "Royal Mail" emblem and realized it was a letter from England. The stationery is embossed with Buckingham Palace at the top and the greeting and sign-off in the letter are hand written in black ink. How totally wonderful! Now, I wonder. Has the Queen actually read the book?? It would please me so very much to know she held it in her hands and took a look and saw her dogs' names in the front. You, too, can read Rosie's book. Go to www.mynameisrosie.com to order her book online. 

2 comments:

  1. It was very nice of you to send a Her Majesty a personalized copy of your book! It would be lovely if she had a chance to read it.

    I do hope your friend let you know that the Queen is to be addressed at "Your Majesty" or referred to as "Her Majesty" and Prince Philip and their children are addressed as "Your Royal Highness" and referred to as "His/Her Royal Highness". After a first greeting, they are addressed as "Sir" or "Ma'am".

    ReplyDelete