Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Picking Daisies in SLO

Readers: I've been meaning to tell you for some time about a fabulous product made here in San Luis Obispo: 100% pure cotton napkins for everyday use, manufactured in the showroom/factory of Picking Daisies in downtown SLO. Rosie and I regularly go into the Picking Daisies shop to visit the three sisters who own the company. They are busy measuring and cutting the latest fabric, sewing the tidy mitered corners of each napkin, ironing the napkins for display and sale, and of course selling these delightful creations. I have a collection of more than three dozen of these napkins in beautiful colors and designs. At my house we use Picking Daisies napkins for every meal. I especially love to bring out an assortment of them when I have a dinner party. The napkins make a lovely yet practical and environmentally friendly gift, too! The cotton fabric is unbelievable - soft, yet durable, machine washable again and again and again. The napkins last for years and retain their vibrant color and soft texture. 
The Picking Daisies colorful and stylish showroom is an art gallery, too. The shop features local artists and hosts their opening receptions in SLO's Art After Dark, the first Friday evening of every month. Rosie and I deliver a basketful of cookies for these events! (Did you know I have a catering business called Kate's Kitchen? Call 805.458.4438 for more information on my delectable edibles, both savory and sweet!) Drop into Picking Daisies some time. The store is located in The Creamery on Higuera Street in SLO and is open Tuesday through Saturday. And visit Picking Daisies' web site at www.pickingdaisiesinslo.com. You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment